PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION POLICY
Taggart Construction Limited
Taggart Construction Limited (Taggart Construction) is committed to respecting the privacy of our customers, clients and employees.
This policy outlines the principles and practices we follow to protect customer personal information, in accordance with the fair information principles reflected in Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
What personal information do we collect?
We collect only the personal information that we need to provide services to our customers. This may include:
- Your address, phone number, email address or any other contact information. PIPEDA does not apply to business contact information used for the purpose of communicating or facilitating communication with an individual in relation to their employment, business or profession.
- any relevant information related to feedback you have provided regarding our business, personnel and services.
- any other information related to our business practices.
- if you apply for a position on our website: your contact details, eligibility for employment, linkedin profile (should you choose to submit it) and information you provide to us via your cover letter and resume/cv.
In general, unless an exception to consent applies, we inform our customers, before or at the time of collecting personal information, of the purposes for which we are collecting the information. If you provide your personal information to us, you are consenting to its use for these purposes.
What is the information used for?
We collect information for the following purposes:
- to provide our customers with construction management and execution services.
- to understand the needs of our customers and make information available regarding the services we offer, as permitted by applicable law.
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- to screen/ process applications for employment.
- as permitted or required by applicable law.
How is your personal information protected?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal information is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Website, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features in order to prevent unauthorised access.
IP Addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, customer support and to collect aggregate information for internal reporting purposes.
The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. Some of the common uses for our cookies are as follows:
- to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- to identify and authenticate a user across different pages of our website, within our own website, in a session or across different sessions.
- to be able to retrieve a user’s previously stored data, for example, information that the user previously submitted to the website, so as to facilitate reuse of this information by the user.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We retain your personal information only as long as is reasonable to fulfill the purposes for which we gathered the information or for legal or business purposes. We retain the personal information of applicants for employment for 6 months.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We will not disclose your personal information without your consent, except as required or permitted by applicable law. We may provide your personal information to third parties who are contracted to provide services to us, and if we do so, we will obligate those third parties to protect your personal information and to use it solely for the purpose of providing services to us. To the extent that our third party service providers are located outside of Canada, your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement of other authorities in the foreign jurisdiction.
Questions and complaints
We make every reasonable effort to ensure that your personal information is accurate and complete. We rely on you to let us know if there is a change to your personal information that may affect your relationship with us. If you are aware of an error in our information about you, please let us know and we will correct it on request where possible.
If you have any concerns about our handling of your personal information, please contact us at:
Should you wish to withdraw your consent for our continued use of your personal information, you may contact us at any time. Your ability to withdraw consent may be subject to legal or contractual restrictions, and may impact our ability to continue to provide services to you